Invitation to Submit
The Program Committee invites the submission of abstracts of original work for consideration as Mini-Oral or Poster presentation in the ANZGMU 2019. The last day for abstract submission has been extended to Friday 15th March 2019.
The purpose of the ANZGMU poster and mini-oral presentation is to provide a venue to share innovative research, showcase unique cases, and encourage networking among physician trainees and physicians with similar ideas. Up to five entries will be accepted for mini-oral presentation of four minutes duration while ten entries will be selected for onsite poster presentation.
Poster judging is a two-tier process.
- Applications and abstracts will be peer reviewed and judged on the following criteria:
- Relevance to general medicine
- Originality/innovative nature of project or question
- Statement of purpose/goals
- Project description
- Evidence-based nature of content
- Validity of conclusions
- Impact on future work
- Upto five entries will be accepted for mini-oral presentation of four minutes each while ten entries will be selected for onsite poster presentation
2. Onsite Poster Presentation and mini-oral presentation
- Onsite judging for the top three posters and mini-oral presentations each will be held on 23rd March 2019. Judges will base their selection on the following criteria:
- Relevance to general medicine
- Presenters’ skills
- Register to attend the ANZGMU conference. Abstracts will not be accepted prior to completion of registration.
- Prepare your 275 word abstract text. This applies for all submissions.
- Email your PDF file to email@example.com
- In your email include the following information
- Presenter and Author details
- Enter names and affiliations of the presenter and authors. Also enter brief biography of the presenter, 100 words is sufficient.
- Attach your abstract in a PDF file
- Please clearly state if the abstract is submitted for Poster, Mini Oral presentation or both.
Poster Presenter Guidelines
You are asked to follow these guidelines when preparing your poster presentation.
Poster Presentation Session
The ‘Official Poster Viewing Session’ will take place on Saturday 23rd March 2019 from 12:30 to 1:30pm.
You will be allocated a poster board number and you can mount your poster on your allocated board. Poster numbers will be given on the first day of the conference.
All posters must be in their allotted space by 10:30 am on Saturday 23rd March 2019 . You will receive instructions where your allotted poster place will be. The poster display will be open to all delegates attending the Conference from Saturday 23rd March to Sunday 24th March 2019. Posters should only be removed on Sunday 24th March 2019 after 1PM. The conference organiser is not responsible for any posters left behind. After the Conference they will be removed and recycled.
How to mount your poster
The poster boards are made of cloth material and Velcro will be used to attach the poster to the board. You will be provided with adhesive to attach the poster to the board.
- All posters are required to be A0 size in Portrait Orientation (0.84 x 1.19 m).
- Posters should be clear and easy to read. Type size should be sufficiently large to allow people to read from 2-3 metres away. (Minimum of 16pt font size for text and larger for titles).
- Consider the use of suitable photographs, images, tables, charts and graphs. Keep logos discrete and to a minimum.
- The poster background should be plain to ensure legibility
Mini Oral Presentation Session
The mini oral presentation’ will take place on Saturday 23rd March 2019 from 11:15 to 11:45 pm. Each presentation will be allocated 4 minutes. So, prepare your presentation accordingly.